Sweet Corn Vada
Vada is a common and popular snack made and offered from the South Indian cuisine for a different purpose. It can be made with a wide range of ingredients with a different type of combination of lentils and spices. one such unique and tasty vada recipe is to make with sweet corn vada recipe. Desi Gabbar gets you the recipe for Sweet Corn Vada. Here you go!
- PreTime 00 h 20 m
- CookTime 00 h 20 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
- Frozen Sweetcorn - 2 cups
- Chickpea flour - 3/4 cup (75 gms)
- Carrot - 1 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Cilantro - 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilies - 2 to 3 (finely chopped)
- Grated Ginger - 1inch piece
- Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mango powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Oil - For frying
- Take frozen Sweetcorn, put in a mixer jar, grind coarsely. Take out the sweet corn in a bowl.
- Add capsicum, carrot, green cilantro, green chili, ginger, coriander powder, cumin seeds, red chili powder, mango powder, turmeric powder, salt, chickpea flour. Mix all ingredients well.
- Put oil to heat. Take out dough. Bind it. Press and give shape of vada. Keep in plate.
- Check if oil is hot enough, Put vadas to fry. Prepare rest likewise. Once vadas are brown from beneath, flip them. Keep flame medium or medium low.
- Fry well until crisp and golden brown. Take them out, keep in plate. It takes 5 minutes to fry vada once.
- *Yummy tips to enjoy Sweet Corn Vada: Sweet Corn Vada is healthy and when served with curd it brings more flavours to it.
- #keepitsimple recipes by Desi Gabbar