Suji ka halwa is easy and delicious pudding made in most of the Indian homes. Suji ka halwa is made with cream of wheat, which is known as suji, rava in India, sugar, ghee and nuts. It can be served as a breakfast or a dessert too. Desi Gabbar gets you the recipe for traditional Indian dessert which will make you feel it is simple and easy to make. Here you go!
- PreTime 00 h 10 m
- CookTime 00 h 10 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
- Sooji rava or semolina ½ cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Chopped cashew nuts 2 tbsp.
- Saffron milk 2 tbsp.
- Chopped almonds 2 tbsp.
- Ghee ½ cup
- Water 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp.
- Heat a pan at medium flame
- Add water to a pan and boil it
- In a pan add ghee
- Once the ghee melts add cashew and almonds
- Roast the dry fruits well in ghee
- Now take out all the dry fruits in a plate and keep aside
- Add rava to the ghee and keep on mixing it continuously
- Rava will absorb all the ghee once it is roasted well
- Add warm water to the roasted rava and mix it well
- Keep stirring rava continuously until it absorbs water
- Add cardamom powder, mix it well
- Now add sugar and cook until it becomes thick
- Add saffron milk, roasted dry fruits
- Mix all the ingredients well *Yummy tips to enjoy SUJI SHIRO:
- Easy and quick sweet to make on an auspicious day. Can be served on regular days with any meals
- #keepitsimple recipes by DesiGabbar