Seviyan Upma (Vermicelli Upma)
Seviyan Upma is a delicious upma variant made with vermicelli, aromatics, spices, cashews and herbs. This dish is also called as Vermicelli Upma and has unique flavors and textures. It is very different from the popular South Indian breakfast recipe of upma. A vegan recipe. Desi Gabbar gets you the recipe for Seviyan Upma. Here you go!
- PreTime 00 h 10 m
- CookTime 00 h 20 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
- Clarified butter (Ghee) – 2 tsp
- Seviyan (Vermicelli) – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Chana dal (split chickpea) – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Black mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Chopped green chili – 1
- Curry leave – 8 to 10
- Chopped onion – 1
- Green peas – 2 -3 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Take a pan, add clarified butter (ghee), vermicelli and roast it on medium flame till they turn into golden brown.
- Turn off the flame and take them in a bowl.
- Now, take a pan add water, salt, and roast vermicelli and mix it well.
- Then, cook it for a minute & boil it for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir it.
- Turn off the flame and remove extra water from it.
- Pour cool water on it.
- Now, take a pan add clarified butter (ghee), peanuts and roast it properly.
- Add chana dal, urad dal and mix it well.
- After that add mustard seeds, and mix it again. Then add curry leaves, chopped green chili, and mix it well.
- Now add, onion and mix well till onion turn into light color
- Add chopped tomato, green peas, and mix it properly. Then add salt to taste and mix it well.
- Now, close the lid for 2 minutes for proper cook and after that mix it again.
- Now add vermicelli and mix it well.
- Lastly add lemon juice on it and cilantro leaves and mix well.
- Ready to serve. *Yummy tips to enjoy Quick Seviyan Upma (Vermicelli Upma): Serve Seviyan Upma hot or warm with coconut chutney or accompanied with lemon wedges or lemon pickle.
- #keepitsimple recipes by Desi Gabbar