Sandwich Dhokla is a popular Gujarati snack. It is very light and has a fluffy texture. The flavour is very mild yet scrumptious. There is a chutney flavoured layer between two layers of white Dhokla. The chuteny is very spicy as it is the main ingredients that gives a robust flavour to this snack! Desi Gabbar present a tasteful recipe for Sandwich Dhokla. Here you go!
- PreTime 00 h 15 m
- CookTime 00 h 15 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
For Green Chutney:
- Cilantro leaves
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Peanuts – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon – 1 tsp For Sandwich Dhokla:
- Ready Idli Dosa batter
- Salt as per taste
- Fruit salt – 1 tsp
- Green Mint Coriander Chutney – 1 tbsp For tempering:
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Chopped green chilies – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – 7 to 8
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
For Green Chutney:
- Take a mixing jar, add cilantro leaves, green chilies, ginger, peanuts, salt to taste, lemon and grind all the ingredients nicely. For Sandwich Dhokla:
- Take readymade Idli dosa batter, add salt as per taste, fruit salt (Fruit salt helps make spongy dhokla) and whisk it properly.
- Now take half batter in other bowl and add green coriander chutney and mix it properly.
- Then, take a dhokla steamer add water for steam. Grease the plate that you will keep in steamer.
- Make 1st thin layer in the greased dish half cook it in steamer.
- Make 2nd layer of chutney mixed batter half cook 2nd layer too. Make 3rd layer of dhokla mix Steam it till gets cooked.
- Checked if cooked or not. Then cut them into pieces. *Yummy tips to enjoy Sandwich Dhokla : Sandwich Dhokla serves as a lunch-time , for breakfast, or even as a light dinner along with Green Chutney.
- #keepitsimple recipes by Desi Gabbar For tempering:
- Take oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida. Tempering is ready. Drizzle tempering on dhokla cut.
- Spongy Dhokla is ready to serve.