Enjoy this Paneer Lababdar with Butter Naan or Basmati rice for a comforting and luxurious Indian meal. Made with pantry staples and Indian cottage cheese, this dish is absolutely delicious. Paneer Lababdar is one of the many hugely loved paneer dishes from the North Indian restaurants. Creamy, flavoursome, rich and luxurious is what it defines! Here we come to you with the delicious recipe Paneer Lababdar by Desi Gabbar. Here you go!
- PreTime 00 h 15 m
- CookTime 00 h 30 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) - 1 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2 nos.
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Cloves - 4-5 nos.
- Green cardamom - 2-3 nos.
- Black pepper corns - 6-7 nos.
- Star anise – 1 nos
- Onion - 3 medium size (sliced)
- Green chillies - 1-2 nos. (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic cloves – 5-6 nos.
- Cashew nuts - 7-8 nos.
- Melon seeds - 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes - 4-5 medium size (chopped)
- Whole Kashmiri red chili – 2-3 nos
- Water as required
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds, ginger, black pepper, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick, green chillies, garlic cloves, bay leaf and green cardamom and mix it well.
- Now, add onion and cook until onions are light brown then, add whole kashmiri red chilli and mix it properly.
- Then, add tomatoes, melon seeds, cashew nuts and mix everything properly. Cover and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now open the lid and stir it once. Then add water as required and stir it.
- Then transfer into mixing jar and grind it. For making paneer lababdar:
- Oil 1 tsp + butter 2 tbsp
- Ginger 1 tbsp (julienne)
- Tomato onion gravy
- Water 200 ml
- Paneer 100 gm (grated)
- Paneer 400 gm (cubes)
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Fresh cream 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander 1 tbsp Cooking method:
- Heat oil and butter in a wok, add ginger and sauté for a minute, add the freshly prepared tomato onion gravy and mix it.
- Add water to adjust the consistency, mix it again. Add salt to taste and mix it properly. cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Add grated paneer along with paneer cubes. Mix well without breaking the delicate paneer cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi, and mix it well. Pour fresh cream, and mix it again.
- Now, transfer into a handi and garnish with grated paneer, fresh cilantro leaves, fresh cream and onion rings.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha. *Yummy tips to enjoy by Paneer Lababdar: Enjoy Paneer Lababdar with roti, paratha, naan and basmati rice.
- #keepitsimple recipes by Desi Gabbar