Palak Paneer is one of the most popular Indian dish made with succulent paneer cubes (Indian cottage cheese) in a smooth spinach sauce. This is simply delicious, rich, absolutely flavorsome & taste better than in any restaurant. Desi Gabbar gets you the recipe for Palak Paneer. Here you go!
- PreTime 00 h 15 m
- CookTime 00 h 25 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Paneer – 600 gm (8 to 9 cube)
- Water for boiling
- Fresh spinach – 2 bunch
- Green chillies – 2 to 3 nos
- Fresh mint – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Fresh cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Water as required
- Clarified butter (ghee) 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – 2 nos
- Whole red chillies – 2 to 3 nos
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Chopped ginger – 1 inch
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Cashew paste – 2 tbsp
- Black salt – 1 tsp
- Curd – 1/3 cup
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tsp
- Take a pan heat up the oil and then add paneer cubes and sallow fry them. And transfer into a warm water.
- Further add water for boiling, add fresh spinach and blanch the spinach for 10 second. Cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and immediately transfer in ice cold water. Now add blanched spinach in a grinding jar. Remove water from it.
- In grinding jar, add green chillies, fresh mint, ginger, fresh cilantro, water as required and make a fine puree.
- Take an another pan, add clarified butter, cumin seeds, bay leaf, whole red chillies, cinnamon stick, chopped ginger, green chillies, asafoetida, turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder. Stir and cook on medium flame.
- Further add cashew paste, stir once and lower the flame. Add little water to avoid the burning.
- Add black salt and mix it well. Add curd and mix it properly. Then add spinach puree and mix it well. Add shallow fried paneer and mix it well.
- Then add garam masala, lemon juice, fresh cream and mix everything properly. Transfer in a bowl.
- Delicious Palak Paneer is ready to serve. *Yummy tips to enjoy Palak Paneer: Served best with naan or jeera rice or plain basmati rice with a side of Indian onion salad.
- #keepitsimple recipes by Desi Gabbar