Chole bhature ki recipe
Chole bhature also known as chana bhatura is a delicious combo recipe made with spicy and flavoured chana masala with deep fried puri. It is one of the most popular street food in northern India. It is generally eaten in breakfast with lassi and even served during any time of the day as a satisfying meal. Desi Gabbar gets you the recipe of chole with a combo of spicy and tangy flavours and crispy bhature
- PreTime 00 h 30 m
- CookTime 00 h 40 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
- Chickpeas 2cups
- Tea Bag 1
- Bay Leaf 1
- Baking Soda a pinch
- Salt 1tsp.
- Badshah Chole Masala 3tsp.
- Water 3cups
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Drain the water.
- Add 3 cups fresh water, 1 tsp. salt, a pinch of Baking soda, bay leaf and a tea bag and pressure cook till the chickpea is soft and mushy.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon and bay leaf. Allow to splutter.
- Add the finely chopped ginger and slit green chilies.
- As they turn fragrant, add the chopped onions. Cook till golden.
- Add 3 tsp. badshah chole masala and mix well.
- Add a little water and allow the masalas to cook.
- As the oil comes up on the surface, add the boiled chickpea with the water and mix well.
- Cook for at least 20 minutes for all the flavours to infuse.
- Chole are ready to serve.
- For Bhature:
- Take the flour in a bowl. Make a well.
- Add the yoghurt, salt, baking powder and mix.
- Add water and knead to a smooth dough and rest the dough for at least 20 minutes and knead again for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls and roll out to round discs.
- Heat at least 3” oil in a pan.
- Add the rolled bhature to hot oil and press down.
- As the bhature swell up, turn and cook on the other side till lightly colored.
- Remove from oil. Make more.
- Serve Bhature with chole. *Yummy tips to enjoy CHOLE BHATURE:
- Enjoy the combo of chole bhature with onion rings and lemon wedges.
- #keepitsimple recipes by DesiGabbar